Modern brake systems, such as those featuring ABS and ESP®, are designed for improved performance to safely stop vehicles. With improved performance comes a higher load on the braking systems. These systems require a brake fluid with a high wet boiling point, low viscosity, and high lubricity.
As a vehicle system developer and the first to market ABS and inventor of ESP®, Bosch understands the need for a high quality brake fluid.
Bosch ESI6 is the next generation brake fluid. It exceeds all current DOT standard requirements (FMVSS 116).
Best value on the shelf:
- First to simultaneously combine both low viscosity and high wet boiling point at its operation
- Longer lasting: 100% longer than DOT 3, 50% longer than DOT 4, and 10% longer than DOT 5.1 (with 30% lower viscosity)
- ESI coverage includes the majority of all brake systems launched since 1990; Use with DOT 3, DOT 4, or DOT 5.1; Coverage excludes DOT 5 silicone based brake fluid which is limited to military and racing applications
- Excellent lubricity properties to prevent wear of components in the brake system and reduce noise
ESI6 contributes to the high performance and service life of modern brake systems with its high dynamic properties. For over two years, it has undergone sophisticated testing geared towards new versions of ABS and ESP® systems in
our Bosch development center in Abstatt, Germany.
ESI6 brake fluid has been subject to intense testing of both system pressure build-up and wear and noise at extreme temperatures.
ESI6 is subject to chemical testing in the development center laboratory.
ESI6 Laboratory Results:
ESI6 available in 1 QT. cans. Part Number: ES6-32N
|Criteria||DOT 3||DOT 4||DOT 4 LV||DOT 5.1||ESI6|
|Dry boiling point (°F)||401||446||482||500||~ 518|
|Wet boiling point (°F)||284||311||329||356||~ 365|
|Viscosity at -40°F (mm²/ѕ)||1500||1800||750||900||~ 670|
High lubricity, less corrosion and wear – the advantages of ESI6:
- One size fits all: As Bosch ESI6 can be used to substitute almost all previously used brake fluids, e.g. DOT 3, DOT 4, DOT 5.1 (except LHM), it fits practically any brake system launched since 1990.
- Bosch ESI6 helps reduce the stock of brake fluids thus saving storage space.
- Featuring replacement intervals of 3 years, Bosch ESI6 high-grade brake fluids last much longer than standard DOT 3 brake fluids (to be replaced every year and a half).
- Bosch ESI6 reduces corrosion within the brake system and its high lubricity prevents noises and wear inside ABS and ESP® systems.